Search-Engine-Optimization services begin with a detailed discovery phase assessing our client’s business and industry. Through a detailed assessment of customer inquiries, competitor rankings and keyword analytics, we outline a list of recommended keywords to target.
From there, we proceed onto on-page optimization, sitemap creation and technical updates. A light, efficient code-base will increase the speed with which pages load. Google's algorithm greatly values page-load-time in its rankings. Simply put, all else being equal, the faster webpages load, the greater probability you will have competitive top-tier Google rankings.
Conversion optimization is another key element here. We will want to ensure conversions are optimized on your website before aggressively driving traffic. Conversions represent the key action visitors are encouraged to take on a website (eg: purchasing product or submitting a form). If this conversion process is not user-friendly, driving traffic to the website is a waste of money. Conversions must be optimized before an SEO/Traffic campaign kicks into high gear. Some design & user-interface enhancements to optimize conversions are a wise investment in the early stages of an SEO campaign.
While our Drupal SEO plans are customized for each business, each will often include the following elements:
• Consultation with Stakeholders on Customer Intent
• Consultation with Stakeholders on Content Strategy
• Keyword Research & Analysis
• Installation of Essential SEO Modules
• On-Page Optimization: Title Tags, Headings Tags, Meta Tags
• URL Optimization: Keyword-Friendly URLs that Correspond to Sitemap
• Sitemap Creation: XML Sitemap & Visitor-Facing Sitemap
• Technical Updates: Optimize Robots.txt & .htaccess files
• Directory Submissions
• Write Link worthy Content Based on Keyword Research
• Build a Diverse Network of Inbound Links
Drupal is among the most search-engine-friendly frameworks available. Many would even argue it is the single best framework for SEO. For starters, Drupal renders clean standards-compliant markup. And where it truly shines in comparison with other CMS tools is with its ability to create search-engine-friendly URLs. Including the appropriate keyword path in the URL is critical to SEO; and Drupal provides complete control on the URL path of any webpage. Moreover, the framework enables intelligent integration of content with community elements. The ability to integrate content, commerce and community is often one of the key reasons why Drupal is chosen in the first place.
Here are some of the capabilities that make Drupal such a powerful framework for SEO:
• Creating custom Title Tags
• Setting Title Tags according to a preset pattern
• Setting keyword-friendly clean URLs
• Ability to redirect old links to new links through a 301 redirect
• Easy integration with Google Analytics
• Ability to update Meta Tags
• Ability to integrate with HTML Purifier module
• Code base that renders clean, validated standards-compliant HTML
• Easy setup of a dynamic XML Sitemap
• Easy submission of sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools
• Built-in caching to improve performance
• Ability to setup URL structure by content-type
• Smart .htaccess file
Many of the above functions map to specific modules. In rough order of importance, here are some essential Drupal SEO modules:
• This module enables easy integration with Google Analytics. This module is another must-have in order to make informed decisions on traffic sources, site design and conversion optimization.
• This module enables keyword-rich paths for URLs based on a pattern system involving tokens. Administrators can adjust the token settings.
• This module enables administrators to redirect URLs from one path to another path or an external URL. Using this module is important when links change on your site. Old links may be bookmarked by visitors or may exist on external domain names; therefore, it’s critical to redirect old links to new links in order to retain SEO value.
• This module is very practical as it fixes common URL bugs associated with clean URLs and the Pathauto module.
• This module produces a dynamic, search-engine-friendly sitemap that conforms to the specification of sitemaps.org. With this module enabled, search engines can more intelligently crawl your website.
• This module creates a simple visitor-facing sitemap overview of your site.
• This module creates a plain text sitemap for submission to search engines.
• This module helps with the verification process of your website with search engines.
• This module enables administrators to update the H1 for taxonomy term pages. Keyword-rich and accurate heading tags (H1, H2, H3, etc) are very important for SEO.
• This module is a filter library for HTML that ensures rendered output is standards-compliant. It removes malicious code from user-generated content.
• This module enables the administrator to target specific attributes for menu items. Examples include id, name, class and style.
• This module doesn’t actually complete any tasks but simply serves as a checklist to ensure you complete all recommended SEO tasks. This module provides the administrator with granular control over the page title. It’s a must-have module as title tags are one of the most important factors in SEO.