Hiring a Drupal developer can be a very challenging prospect. You want a developer who is intimately familiar with Drupal core, development best practices and tactics to avoid. At the same time, you also want a Drupal developer who understands and can empathize with your business needs.
Our developers are Drupal experts. We look for developers who have been working with Drupal for many years to ensure intimate understanding of the framework. It’s critical we follow community-recognized development best practices to ensure our client's websites can continually benefit from future upgrades. We look to hire Drupal developers intimately involved with core and module contributions.
At the same time, we train our developers to empathize with our client’s needs – to learn about your business and offer custom-tailored business solutions. Our goal is not to mold your business problems to Drupal. On the other hand, we are looking to mold Drupal to meet your business needs.
Our Drupal developers will have technical expertise with the following:
• Drupal 7 Core
• CSS & HTML
• GIT and SVN
They will be able to use this technical foundation to perform any of the following:
• Configure Drupal core to accomplish your functionality requirements
• Write custom modules or patch existing modules
• Manipulate common modules like Drush, Devel, Views, Commerce or Organic Groups
• Perform Drupal theming from PSD files or HTML & CSS
• Perform migrations from Wordpress & Joomla
• Quality-assurance test your website across development and browser environments
We hold all of our Drupal developers to the highest standards of professional conduct:
• Open, Frequent Communication: The client and developer will stay synchronized through open, frequent communication of project status. Daily meetings and reports minimize the potential for any miscommunications.
• Transparent Documentation: Project materials, tasks, wireframes and bug reports should all be documented in a project-management-portal accessible to all team members. This documentation keeps everyone informed and accelerates the movement of the project. We typically use Basecamp for project management.
• Staging Server: Our developers will create a staging server to assist with quality assurance testing and data migration. Content is migrated upstream from your old website to staging and development servers. Configurations are also migrated downstream to staging and production, enabling a smooth workflow as the project nears launch. A continuous integration workflow allows for efficiency, keeping projects within budget and on time.
• Live Deployment: Pushing the site live consists of cloning the development version onto a live server. A number of final checks are made to ensure development modules are disabled, site features are enabled, and recommended performance settings are on. Redirects, sitemaps and proxy settings are also reviewed for quality assurance.
• New Requests: Keeping a development/staging site connected to the live site is highly recommended. Upon receiving a new client request, a saved back-up of the live site is seamlessly updated prior to migration back to the live server.
• Full Support: We stand by our work for the life of your website with ongoing Drupal maintenance and support. Our aim is to ensure the highest-quality performance and secure operation with up-to-date code.
Our Drupal developers pride themselves on adhering to community-recognized protocols and best practices. Our history of quality websites includes a diverse portfolio of corporate websites, e-commerce integrations and community social networks. If you’re looking for an expert Drupal developer to join your team, we would be happy to chat with you about your business needs.